By working directly with Lawyers Media, law firms gain:
- Original material tailored to the firm’s specific needs and local market
- Ownership of all written materials under a work-for-hire arrangement
- Cost savings by eliminating the middleman’s cut
- Direct control over the writing and editing process
- Fast turnaround time from initial assignment to live on the Internet
Lawyers Media works with your marketing personnel, on your platform, subject to the same confidentiality agreements and work deadlines as the rest of the external development team.
The Challenge of Law Firm Copywriting
Except for blogs, copywriting is everywhere on a law firm website:
- Legal practice area descriptions
- Explanations of legal rights and remedies
- Attorney biographies
- Lists of representative engagements
- News of professional awards and honors
- Mentions of attorney CLE activities
A well-written professional services website uses this content to execute the firm’s marketing strategy. In a brief space, the website must:
- Describe the nature of the legal services offered by the firm
- Convey the firm’s competence and breadth of experience
- Establish that the firm is worthy of trust on an important legal matter
- Begin a conversation that could lead to the creation of a lawyer-client relationship
The copywriting required to accomplish these objectives can vary from one firm to the next, and even from one practice area to another within the same firm. Prospects for business-related and regulatory compliance services tend to be well-informed, sophisticated consumers of legal services. These prospects are looking for legal talent.
- Ethical prohibitions on false and misleading communications regarding legal services
- Restrictions on the use of testimonials in lawyer advertising
- Restrictions on the use of superlatives and professional recognitions
- Restrictions on communications about specialization and certifications
- Requirements that law firm websites include disclaimers and otherwise take steps to avoid inadvertently creating an attorney-client relationship with website visitors
Lawyers Media creates exceptional client-facing communications using the latest technology and the efforts of experienced lawyer-journalists. We help law firms can effectively promote their practices with accurate and easily understandable legal information for any audience.
This page last updated on Aug. 28, 2021.